Thursday, February 17, 2011

Spreading the Wealth

It has come to my attention as of late that there is an ongoing nationwide debate amongst my generation on whether soldiers should make more money than football players. Rather than whine a sentence or two about it on my facebook status and "like" a few pages, I'll just put down my two cents here. Should soldiers make more than football players? At the current rate football players are paid... No. Should soldier be a higher paying job in general than football player? I agree completely (side note: there IS hazard pay as well). Strictly against the football standpoint, far too much money is being wasted already. There is no logical reason for them to make as much as the average American does in 5 years because they can throw or catch a ball. It is absolutely atrocious, what NFL players make. And I am personally a very big fan of football. But I DO NOT think that the average soldier should make that much either. That, also, is irrational. Sure, they're patriots putting their lives on the line to defend the flag, but they're one of how many hundreds of thousands of others exactly like them? We can't afford to pay what we HAVE been paying out into the world. In short, hopefully simple summary: football players should not make as much money as they do now. Soldiers should not make more than football players do now. But, in principle, soldiers SHOULD make more than football players do. That's my take on the whole debate.


J R Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment