Monday, February 7, 2011

Brief encounters in classic stupidity

I've already posted a blog post today, so I'll try to be very brief here. I just had a run-in during my US Government & Politics class that I'd like to share. It is my personal opinion that you are not entitled to constantly complaining about the ineffectivity or policies of a president if you didn't even bother voting in the first place. Today the teacher asked us our opinions of Obama, and one guy had to enunciate his hatred of Obama and his policies. When asked which policies he didn't like, he couldn't name a single one. He just said "I don't know, he's just a terrible president" over and over. Mind you, I am NO supporter of Obama. Not by any stretch. But at least I can back myself up if asked (I'm keeping this post short, otherwise I'd be going on about it for another half hour or so). The teacher asked who he voted for and he said he didn't vote. This guy is in his 30's. Honestly, if you can't take the time to drive a few minutes and check the box for the other guy, you shouldn't take the time to complain about who won for his entire term. After all, you had the opportunity to contribute to doing something about it and you didn't. So with the absolute greatest measure of respect, shut your mouth. Nobody cares.

J R Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment