Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Big Number 20!!!

I was so excited for this post, being my big number 20th blog entry, that I had to jump right on in without even coming up with anything in particular to say. So, I'll simply rant about the first few conversational/update-worthy things that come to my mind. Tomorrow morning I have an exam in Criminal Justice, which I was conclusively unprepared for about an hour ago. Sure I paid attention in class and took copious notes, but never was there anything that was prophesized to appear specifically in the exam. So, naturally, I immediately panicked. This panic, rather than quickly abated, rapidly doubled in depth when I asked a fellow classmate what the exam was targeting. She told me very matter-of-factly that we were to be tested on the content of the textbook's chapters 1-4. This prompted an immediate slew of profanity in my head, seeing as I have NOT purchased the bloody book. Now, before you face-palm yourself and tell me how stupid I am, I know. I should have went and bought the stupid book. But honestly, the rebellious side of me yearns to complain that the teacher could/should have at least done the courtesy of specifying publicly that it was dire to acquire a textbook. Or, how about this insane idea: let's actually inform the class on something that they're going to be tested on once in awhile. What a revolutionary concept. Nevertheless, I blessedly had an Email copy of the powerpoints used to give us the main points of the class information (many of which are supposed to appear on the exam). Thus, I have spent the last 2 hours taking down extensive notes from these powerpoints; writing down anything I deem to be important or stand-outish. Hopefully that, coupled with my destiny of intensive cramming between classes tomorrow, will be enough to give me a passing grade.

And now, I've talked about one single subject far longer than I'd anticipated being able to talk about anything in particular, period. I'm quite proud of myself in that aspect... save for the fact that I just realized I should be using this time to study rather than blog about how I should study. Ah, irony.

J R Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment