Friday, November 5, 2010

The Hunger Games (caution, spoilers)

"Katniss, there is no District 12." BAM!!! Talk about a cliffhanger ending to the second installment in the Hunger Games series. I finished it just now.


This is my official opinionation of the Hunger Games. First off, incredible story, plot direction, imagery. All-around great story. Cons: disappointing character development. The characters all operate in extremes, and generally low ones at that. But I suppose that may be, in a way, for the benefit of the story. Also, the writing style, while easily comprehensible and fast-paced, is somewhat simplistic. It's clear that the target audience is The adolescent crowd, but adults and teenagers alike would enjoy these books and I highly recommend them. They're very easy reads; not like those books that require quiet environments and great focus to read and understand. Hence the description as simplistic. But, simplistic in a good way. It's an almost casual read that would be enjoyable for all ages. But I said that already. Go get this book, it's easily worth the 7 bucks for the first book (the second one was 15, but after reading the first I'm fairly sure you'll find it worth the money as I did). Happy reading, fellow bookworms.
Jordan R Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment