Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Homefront

I'm currently downloading Homefront, the new game that came out yesterday but didn't hit Steam until a few hours ago. I love how they do that, because it gives people like me the unique opportunity to hit the ground guns blazing a full day after the rest of the world has had time to figure out all the best sniper points and workings of the game. This inexorably results in the swift kicking of my rookie-behind for the first few hours, deeply embarrassing my hardcore gamer ego. I have both high and low expectations for this game; high expectations regarding the storyline, despite the fact they completely took the general idea of a novel I've been writing for over 3 years (it's about the Second American Revolution). The low expectations come from the fact that it looks visually like nothing more than an over-inflated Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. The graphics look essentially the same, and so does the gameplay. Homefront appears to be a collaboration of ideas from both Call of Duty and Battlefield. Examples: Call of Duty look and feel, down to the gameplay and appearance of the soldiers and the tempo of battle. Battlefield size and scope, in that the emphasis on the field is to be in vehicular warfare, leaving only a bleak outlook of building-hopping for infantry hoping to escape, say, an M1 Abrams tank's wrath. I won't pass any judgment on the game yet, but it appears to be this: Call of Duty with larger maps and a significant emphasis on vehicular combat (tanks, helicopters, etc.). Hopefully it'll impress me and prove itself worth buying it. We'll soon find out.

In other news, I have over 200 rounds of shotgun ammo on my shelf and a very deep need to use them. Does anybody shoot/want to go shooting with me? I'm looking to go shooting this weekend. It's time to go out and lay waste to some orange clay.

In other other news, I'm still completely at a loss and at the mercy of the Lord at what's going to happen with my planned California trip to see my girlfriend next month. I have no idea what's going to happen, but I'm determined to get there, even at great expense to myself. I gotta get over there somehow.

That's all I've got today.

J R Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment