Monday, March 21, 2011

Poetic Insights

I'm currently listening to: "Iris," by the Goo Goo Dolls.

Today I'm going to share some poetry. I've been on a massive influx of creative outflow in regards to both stress and inspiration, and consequently I've not only gotten back into poetry (I used to write it and stopped a long time ago), but I've never written more than I have just over the past few days. When I'm angry, hurt, impatient, upset, or stressed, I write short (or long, if that's what I'm feeling) poems about my thoughts (without details, of course) and I feel better. Yay poetry.

I wrote this two nights ago:

My escape takes me from reality.

Shows me a place where life is good finally.

My mind battles chaos

And jumbled thoughts.

But my hand battles only a pen

As the words flow onto the page.

My escape is constructive;

Beautiful;

Productive.

My escape is both thrilling and seductive.

My escape takes me to a faraway place.

A place without pain or tears.

My escape, my new escape, shall simply be:

Poetry.

-"Poetry," written by Me.

J R Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment