Sunday, May 15, 2011

Back From The Dead

I haven't put up a post in awhile, so I suppose I better update the digital world of my misgivings. The move has officially been made from Utah to California. I like my new house very much; it's a very nice place. It's open and well-lit and close to literally everything in town. Currently I am back in Utah with my dad to "finish the job" per se. We flew out to conduct one last truckload of "stuff" back to California. I'm dreadfully excited, and by dreadfully excited I mean I'm not excited in the slightest bit. Hopefully the drive goes smoothly, though hope is merely one's way of mentally eluding either the inevitable or the undesirable. I know, I sound like a pessimist; however I prefer to see myself as a realist opportunist. This essentially means I maintain a borderline pessimistic-realist world view, but I like to think optimistically in relation to the outcomes and possibilities pertaining to such views. I don't expect that to fully make sense, but then I don't always fully understand myself anyways. Right now I am sitting secretly filming my dad playing Medal of Honor on his laptop, because he is absolutely hilarious to watch right now.

Alright, for the moment I'm sure many have been waiting for eagerly: my thoughts of the Great Move. Emotionally, I am simply exhausted. Between pre-existing drama with friends, a tragic and unhappy (to me anyways) breakup, the abrupt ending of any and all face-to-face social life activity outside of family members, and the loss of a job i've known and loved for over six years, coupled with anything and everything else that I encounter, I'm drained. And I've been steadily sick since a few days before the move. Such is life, I suppose. I'm not complaining, as much as it sounds like it. I'm really okay with the move. I like the house and the neighborhood and I hope to get a nice fresh start out of this whole thing. I'm just drained emotionally. Irritable. But like all things it'll pass, and hopefully sooner rather than later. I'm choosing to be optimistic about it; I just thought I'd share my mind with the page. I might end up catching some flack from you family out there for being "upset" or whatever I may seem to be, but I'm really okay, so please don't worry.

I've rekindled my waning taste in instrumental music, and am even getting into a couple alternative songs (I'll call them alternative because I have a jaded opinion against "indie" music even though essentially that's what it is. indie/folk/whatever.) I wouldn't normally be known for. I decided there isn't a type of music I DON'T like. I listen to Eminem, Dr. Dre, and a handful of other rappers. I listen to the Beach Boys and Bon Jovi. I listen to Thousand Foot Krutch and FM Static. I listen to Boston, Journey, Toto, Foreigner, and Petra. I listen to Asking Alexandria and Nightwish. I listen to Bullet for my Valentine and A Day To Remember and Escape The Fate. I listen to everything. Don't hate my music, because odds are if I heard yours I would like yours too. That being said, your agreement/disagreement with my musical taste really isn't my concern. The music is. If you like the same music, great. If not, oh well.

J R W

2 comments:

  1. I haven't blogged in a pretty long while, and could not decide on a specific topic; so I sampled many.

    ReplyDelete