Friday, April 1, 2011

Big 48

Today I reach 48 blog posts. I truly never thought I would even make it this far; generally things like this that I start dry up/lose my interest fairly quickly, and yet I'm rather fond of this blog. I find it to be an effective tool for the venting of frustrations or the expression of political opinions. It's also been rather instrumental in starting a lot of debates and/or other random arguments that I quite enjoy stirring up every now and then, to tell the truth. Something about a good argument (that I can actually hold my own in) is just engaging and entertaining and gets the creative energy flowing. It also comes accompanied by the utter feeling of complete success whenever I'm able to hopelessly troll somebody's feeble comeback, per se.

I digress. Actually... no, I don't, seeing as there was never really any original point to digress from. On this completely random note, I've decided to share my love of naming inanimate objects. Well, I suppose it's not so much a love as a fondness. For example: my old car was named Pancho Villa, after the famous Mexican outlaw, because I drove it illegally/unregistered for several months and it was a broken down POS of a car. My laptop I have named Megatron in light of some friends of mine seeing it and saying it looks like a Decepticon due to its lit keyboard and large size. It's an Asus gaming laptop, and it's quite large. It's also quite beautiful. My shotgun I'm honestly torn between names for. I may call it Drobovik (drowe-bow-vick), which is Russian for "shotgun." But I may also call it Ich Glockma, which is German for "the goat." I don't know why, but I find it hilarious. My phone is named the Professor, because it knows everything. Yeah. I name things. It's odd, but entertaining and makes for some interesting conversations at times.

Aside from that, I really have nothing to say today. When I have a lot on my mind, or a lot of stress or emotion, or I'm as bored as a blind person during a silent film, I blog. And thus, here I am.

Oh, one more thing to briefly touch upon before I leave all my faithful readers today (are there even any? Meh, I don't care much if there are or aren't. But if there are, great! I love you guys!). Three days left until we leave for California for the week to visit family there. While I'm down there I'm also going down to visit my girlfriend, whom I don't get to see nearly as often as I should be able to. I'd say it's unfair, but that would only be an admission of self-pity in an otherwise unpitiable situation. We chose this, so we can live with it. But anyways, yeah, we're leaving in a few days. Here's hoping that everything goes well..

J R Williams

2 comments:

  1. You have at least one faithful reader. We look forward to (seeing?) you in California, or 'Cali', as we like to call it. Except that we don't; 'Cali' is usually a moniker assigned by those outside the state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate it Andrew! I'm not sure what my parents have planned; it sounds to me, however, that they're going to be pretty wrapped up in Lodi for the days we're there. Maybe you can give them a call about it; I'm sure my Dad would know a lot more about what's going on. I'm just the one following them around all dy asking when I can take the car down to Fresno. Haha.

    ReplyDelete